Changes to records and benefit coverage levels may be necessary as a result of your marriage or establishment of a civil union/same-sex domestic partnership. Note that some changes must be completed within 60 days of your marriage or civil union/same-sex domestic partnership date.
Update Home Address and Contact Information
- Change your home address, phone number, and emergency contact information online in the Address Directory Record (ADR)
- Update your ADR immediately as this information is used for the W-2 mailing
- Change your home address with your State Health Benefits Program Change of Address Form
- To record your name change, present your supervisor with a copy of your new Social Security card and he/she will contact a HR representative to update your employee file. Official documentation is required.
- A name change also requires that you complete a new W-4 form.
- You may also want to change your name through the Social Security Administration.
Federal Withholding Allowance
- Instructions for changing federal withholding allowance are available from the Division of Payroll Services. W-4 forms may also be obtained through the individual in your office who processes payroll forms.
Health Insurance Coverage
Review your current level of plan coverage. You may decide to enroll your spouse or civil union/same-sex domestic partner, cancel your coverage, or make no changes. Note that some changes, such as enrolling your spouse or civil union/same-sex domestic partner, must be completed within 60 days of your marriage or civil union/same-sex domestic partnership date
To enroll your spouse or civil union/same-sex domestic partner or to cancel coverage:
Employees must to log into Benefitsolver by accessing a link on the MyNewJersey portal to make changes to medical, prescription, and dental plans.
Employees can directly access the BenefitSolver site by going to: http://mynjbenefitshub.nj.gov
First time users must register by the following these instructions:
- Click Register
- Enter SSN and Date of Birth
- Enter Company Key: SHBP/SEHBP
- Click Continue
Please see below for additional information and support:
- In order to access the system, you will need to create a MyNewJersey portal account
- If you have trouble creating an account and/or accessing the MyNewJersey portal, contact New Jersey OIT support at https://www.nj.gov/mynj/myNJRestrHelp.html
- If you have problems with Benefitsolver, please utilize the support service within the application
- If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact OneSource Rutgers Faculty and Staff Service Center at 732-745-SERV (7378) or OneSource@rutgers.edu
Alternate Benefit Program (ABP) members must complete the Designation of Beneficiary form and return it to: Division of Pensions and Benefits, Beneficiary Services, P.O. Box 295 Trenton, NJ 08625-0295
Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and Police and Firemen's Retirement System (PFRS) members who wish to verify, update, or change their beneficiary information must use the online Designation of Beneficiary Application available through a the Member Benefits Online System (MBOS).
ABP Retirement Accounts:
- Update beneficiary information for investment accounts. Contact the appropriate investment carrier for Designation of Beneficiary form:
Flexible Spending Accounts
You may elect to:
- Enroll in the Unreimbursed Medical or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Increase or decrease your Annual Salary Deduction amount
- Cancel coverage
- Make no changes (no action necessary)
To enroll or to change your annual salary deduction amount:
- Complete the Flexible Spending Account Enrollment/Change in Status form.
- Return the form to University Human Resources within 60 days of your marriage or civil union/same-sex domestic partnership date.
- Note: Tax$ave is a federally taxable benefit. Therefore, you cannot use pretax dollars to pay for civil union/same-sex domestic partner benefits.
Notify the Rutgers Federal Credit Union of:
- Change of Name. Provide a copy of a document (e.g., social security card, driver’s license) showing name change.
- Address Change. Provide a letter in writing stating the old and new address.
- Visit the Rutgers Federal Credit Union for additional information or to enroll family members.