The University Holiday and Closings Schedule can be found here.
Mandatory Leave (ML) Days for legacy UMDNJ Staff
In order to remain consistent with legacy Rutgers policies and negotiated agreements, the guidelines below should be followed for legacy UMDNJ staff employees:
- The university will designate four Mandatory Leave (ML) days annually (usually designated for the end of the winter holiday season).
- The university may designate which facilities or work units that provide essential services will not be closed during the observation of Mandatory Leave days. Employees who provide essential services to the university will have an opportunity to take their Mandatory Leave days at a different time during the year.
- Mandatory Leave days are not cumulative and must be used prior to the end of the fiscal year or forfeited.
- Mandatory Leave days are not eligible for payout upon separation from the university.
Guidelines for legacy UMDNJ Faculty Positions
Because paid time off, university holidays and float holidays are all negotiated benefits, the following stipulations pertain to legacy UMDNJ faculty members:
- Employees in the legacy UMDNJ faculty bargaining units observe the regular University staff holiday calendar.
- Float Holidays for legacy UMDNJ faculty members:
- Legacy UMDNJ faculty members receive four (4) float holidays per fiscal year. Float holidays may be used at any time during the fiscal year and are to be scheduled in conjunction with department Chairs or a designee of the Dean of the School of Nursing. Float holidays must be used by June 30th or they are automatically forfeited.
- Legacy UMDNJ faculty members with a 1.0 FTE who are AAUP-BHSNJ negotiations unit members receive the following holidays: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Legacy UMDNJ faculty members at FTE 0.5 and above who are AAUP-BHSNJ negotiations unit members receive these holidays to the extent the holiday falls on the member’s regularly scheduled work day.
- Unused float holidays are not paid out upon separation from the University.
- Mandatory Floating Holiday/Mandatory Leave:
- In instances where an RBHS school/facility is CLOSED between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day (12/26 – 12/31, 2020), faculty members in the AAUP-BHSNJ unit (legacy UMDNJ faculty) shall not be required to charge vacation days or float days for that period of time during which the school is closed.
For additional information, please visit the legacy UMDNJ holiday policy.