Performance Management is an on-going partnership between supervisors and employees, to accomplish university and departmental goals. The process focuses on aligning employee roles and goals with the university’s mission and supporting development and performance.
Essential elements of this approach include:
- Clarifying job responsibilities, agreed-upon goals, and performance expectations
- Communicating regularly by giving and receiving feedback throughout the year on performance, goals, and expectations
- Seeking and supporting continuous learning, professional growth, and development
- Celebrating achievement and rewarding exemplary performance
Below are the associated performance management programs and tools to guide you through the performance management process at Rutgers University.
Performance Management for Non-Aligned (Non-Union) Employees
Performance Management for Aligned (Union) Employees
Staff Performance Review Table
The Aligned Staff Performance Review Table provides an overview of the varying evaluation due dates and the appropriate appraisal form to use for aligned staff, especially for departments who may have staff who belong to varying unions.
Performance Appraisal Forms
- Performance appraisal forms can be accessed from the UHR Forms webpage, under Performance Appraisals, or from the applicable collective negotiations agreements as indicated in the Aligned Staff Performance Review Table.
- Completed performance evaluations must be provided to the appraised employee by the applicable due date and must be signed by the appraised employee and multiple levels of supervisors as required. Please retain copies of the performance appraisal for your records.
Performance Management Tools and Resources
Supervisors may also access the self-paced One Rutgers Employee Development (OneRED) Supervisor Development Learning Path, powered by LinkedIn Learning for performance management courses.