Unemployment Insurance (UI) is a program that gives financial support to people who lose their jobs through no fault of their own. Claims should be filed as soon as possible after becoming unemployed.
Before you Apply for Unemployment Insurance Benefits - Form BC-10
If you have been impacted by a layoff you should have received a Form BC-10 from your department, which contains important information you’ll need to apply for Unemployment Benefits. If you have not received your Form BC-10, please contact your supervisor or OneSource 732-745 SERV (7378).
If you have been impacted by a furlough you will not need a BC-10 form to apply for unemployment insurance benefits.
Apply for Unemployment Insurance
- How Unemployment Insurance benefits are calculated
- Read the NJ Unemployment coronavirus emergency FAQ for expanded benefits
- Step-by-Step Guide: Apply online for Unemployment Insurance benefits
- Step-by-Step Guide: Apply by phone for Unemployment Insurance benefits or contact a regional Reemployment Call Center:
- North New Jersey - 201-601-4100
- Central New Jersey 732-761-2020
- South New Jersey 856-507-2340
- Out-of-state claims: 888-795-6672 (you must call from a phone with an out-of-state area code)
- Employees and employers pay Unemployment Insurance (UI) tax in the state where they work. Commuters from NY and PA will be paid benefits by the NJ UI Division.
For more information, visit the NJ Unemployment Website