Class 3 and Class 4 temporary employees are an important component of the university’s workforce. In order to support departments, the following guidelines and tools have been created to help provide for an optimal and equitable administration of our temporary workforce.
Class 3 and Class 4 Policy
- Appointment Categories
- Generic Job Titles, Descriptions, and Job Codes
- Centralized Review, Approval & Monitoring
- Appointment Letter Requirements
- Benefits Eligibility
Class 3 and Class 4 Employment Guidelines
The Class 3 and Class 4 Employment Guidelines explain the terms applicable to Class 3 and Class 4 employee categories; centralized monitoring and approval; classification and hiring requirements; and benefits and time off eligibility.
Hiring New Class 3 or Class 4 Employees
- Class 3 New Hire Classification Instructions
- Class 3 Classification and Recruitment Form (Class 3 CARF)
- Class 3 Appointment Extension Guidelines and Request Form
- Class 4 New Hire Classification Instructions
- Class 4 Classification and Recruitment Form (Class 4 CARF)