The initial goal setting phase of the performance management process for non-aligned employees began on August 1. The online performance management tool is available to accept FY’23 goal submissions. Goal setting is a powerful process that enables employees to understand how their efforts impact the entire organization, align with the university’s strategic vision, and contribute to broader team goals. As a reminder, FY’23 Goal Plans should be approved by September 30, 2022.
Learning Sessions: Initial Goal Setting for Non-Aligned Employees
Organizational and Talent Development will be offering two learning sessions for all non-aligned employees and performance management system users. During these sessions we will cover:
- Performance Management Overview
- Rutgers Competencies and Self-Assessment
- Setting Performance and Development Goals
- Using the Performance Management System: Initial Goal Setting Best Practices
- Resources for Employees and Managers
Register using the links below:
To help you navigate the FY’23 goal setting process, the Organizational and Talent Development team has online resources, a goal bank of sample SMART goals, tutorials, and FAQs.
To access the resources, please click the links below:
- Performance Management Main Page
- Getting Started - Video: Video tutorial of how to access the performance management tool and begin the goal setting process.
- Getting Started – Goal Setting: Step-by-step guide on how to complete the goal setting process.
- Setting SMART Goals: LinkedIn Learning course to help you set goals that are SMART: specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time bound.
- Performance Management | Setting Goals and Managing Performance: LinkedIn Learning course on the manager’s role in managing performance, helping you master both goal setting and performance management.
We look forward to your continued partnership in the FY’23 Performance Management Process. Please direct any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Vice President Human Resources